This week the children were learning about the history of space travel.
Ask your child to give you this space quiz...
1. In 1949 the first animal was sent to space. What type of animal was he and what was his name?
2. Laika was the first dog in space. Where was he from?
3. The first man orbited the Earth in 1961. He was Russian. What was his name?
4. Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon in 1969. Can you name the second man to walk on the moon?
5. Who else was on the mission with them?(He had to mind the spacecraft)
6. Who was Valentina Tereshkova?
7. What is the ISS?
8. What is the Curiosity rover doing on Mars?
9. Why do we need the sun?
10. Pluto is now a dwarf planet. Can you name the other 8 planets?