Fáilte Willkommen Bienvenue Benvenuti Bienvenidos
Welcom Labas Huan Ying Kaabo Witamy Bien Venyt
English as an Additional Language (E.A.L.)
Children with E.A.L. need to learn English through:
· Integration with classmates, teacher and the school staff
· Withdrawal for more specific language lessons (approx. 2 hours per week depending on the child’s needs.
· In class help from class teachers and learning support teachers.
The themes explained in the language room include:
· Colours, Shapes and Opposites
· People who help us
· Transport and Travel
. The local and wider community
· Food and Clothes
· Animals and Plants
· People, Places and other countries.
Weather, Seasons, Time, Holidays, Celebrations are integrated into the themes above throughout the year.